DR. Dr. Marlyanti N. Akib, M.Kes, SpM(K)
SpecialitiesPediatric Ophthalmology And Strabismus Cataract
Pediatric Ophthalmology And Strabismus, Cataract
Dr. dr. Marlyanti N. Akib, M.Kes, SpM(K), is an ophthalmologist consultant with a subspecialty in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus. Her daily practice focuses on children's eye care and strabismus management in children and adults, general ophthalmology, and cataract. In the children, eye care, and squint clinic, Marliyanti and her team are actively involved in patient care through comprehensive management of pediatric eye care services. This includes visual acuity and squint evaluation done by experienced refractionist-optician and orthoptist, holistic clinical examination, recent diagnostic tools, and updated management of children's eye diseases and adult strabismus as well.
Dr. Marlyanti graduated from the ophthalmology department, Hasanuddin University in 2010 and did her fellowship, observership, and training in pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus in different countries. Her first fellowship was at Cicendo Eye Hospital in Bandung, 2011 followed by a mini-fellowship in Ninewells Hospital, Dundee University in Scotland. She also did a fellowship program in Aravind Eye Hospital and Ispahani Islamiah Eye Institute & Hospital, both are well-known institutes for training and fellowship in India and Bangladesh. In 2018, she was invited by her mentor to do an observership at the University Hospital of Coventry and Warwickshire, UK. Dr. Marliyanti collaborated with various pediatric ophthalmologists and strabismologists such as dr. Shuma Ganesh (India), dr. Fionna Dean (UK) and dr. Daniel Neely (US) to perform pediatric surgeries and examinations on simple and complicated pediatric cases.
Dr. Marliyanti is the second consultant of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus in East Indonesia and has been involved in pediatric and community ophthalmology researches and programs. She also collaborates with many NGOs to develop a pediatric eye care center in South Sulawesi.
- General Practitioner : Muslem University of Indonesia
- Ophthalmology : Hasanuddin University
- Master of Health : Hasanuddin University
- Pediatric Ophthalmology Consultant : Indonesian Council of Ophthalmology
- Doctoral Program : Hasanuddin University
- Observership Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at University Hospital, Coventry and Warsickshire, UK (October 2016)
- Fellowship of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Ispahani Islamiah Eye Institute and Hospital, Dhaka, Bangladesh ( April - May 2016)
- ICO Fellowship of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Aravind Eye Hospital, Madurai, India (September-November 2013)
- Mini fellowship of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland (March-April 2012)
- Fellowship of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus at Cicendo Ophthalmic Training Center (April – September 2011)
- Hospital-Based Program Orbis, Hands-on Trainee Pediatric Cataract and Strabismus, October 2016 (Trainer : Prof. Daniel Neely from Indiana Eye Hospital, USA)
- Hospital-Based Program Orbis, Hands-on Trainee Pediatric Cataract and Strabismus, 12nd – 16th October 2015 (Trainer: dr. Fiona Dean, University Hospital, Coventry and Warwickshire, UK)
- Orbis Flying Eye Hospital Hands-on Trainee on Pediatric Cataract and Strabismus, 26th – 31st May, Makassar
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Course on Annual Scientific Meeting, 12-14 April 2013, Bandung
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Didactic Course on “Cicendo Cares for Vision to Achieve a Better Quality of Life” Scientific Meeting, 7-9th January 2011, Bandung
- Laser Treatment/Indirect Ophthalmoscopy Courses on The 2nd Indonesia National Seminar in ROP, 2nd October 2010, Surabaya
- The 2nd Indonesia National Workshop in ROP, How to Prevent Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) with limited Facilities in Indonesia, 30 September & 1st October 2010, Surabaya
- Member of PERDAMI/Persatuan Dokter Mata Indonesia (Indonesian Ophthalmologists Association), Makassar, South Sulawesi , 2006 – Present
- Member of Ikatan Dokter Indonesia (Indonesian Medical Association), Makassar, South Sulawesi , 2004 - Present
- Member of INAPOSS (Indonesian Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association)
- Member of WSPOS (World Society of Pediatric Ophthalmologist and Strabismologists)
08:00 - 15:00
08:00 - 15:00
Want to know more information about JEC?
Be the first to know about JEC by subscribe to our newsletter.