DR. Dr. Yunita, M.Kes, SpM(K)
- JEC Orbita @ Makassar
- RS Mata JEC Orbita @ Makassar
Yunita, MD, is an ophthalmologist consultant with a subspeciality in Neuro-Ophthalmology. Her practice focuses on diseases involving optic nerve, visual pathway, and ocular motor system including the manifestation of systemic diseases in the visual system. She is also a general ophthalmologist and cataract surgeon. She became one of Phacoemulsification educators for INASCRS (Indonesian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery) for Hasanuddin University.
Dr. Yunita graduated from the ophthalmology department, Hasanuddin University in 2010 and took her fellowship and training in Neuro-Ophthalmology in Cicendo Eye Hospital, Bandung in 2011. She also took an observership for Neuro-Ophthalmology in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, The UK in 2013. She participated in training by ORBIS flying hospital for Neuro-ophthalmology in 2014 and took short courses in ocular electrophysiology in Jakarta and Singapore.
She is an active member of Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association (PERDAMI). Became one of the committee members of Indonesian Ophthalmology Collegium (KIKMI). And as a member of INANOS (Indonesian Neuro Ophthalmologist Society) and ASNOS (Asian Neuro Ophthalmologist Society).
Every day Dr. Yunita is practicing as an ophthalmologist in JEC Orbita Eye Clinic, also as an ophthalmology staff and active in teaching for residents and medical students in Hasanauddin University Hospital and Wahidin Sudirohusodo Teaching Hospital.
- Dokter Umum : Universitas Hasanuddin
- Dokter Spesialis Mata : Universitas Hasanuddin
- Doktoral : Universitas Hasanuddin 2015-sekarang
- Observership in General Ophthalmology at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland, June 2011
- Neuro-ophthalmology fellowship at Cicendo Eye Hospital, Bandung, Indonesia, July – Sep 2011
- Phacoemulsification Fellowship at BKMM Makassar, January - March 2013
- Neuro-ophthalmology observership at Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK, September – October 2013
- Neuro-ophthalmology training at Hasanuddin University Hospital, Hospital-Based Program of Flying Eye Hospital (ORBIS), Makassar, Indonesia, May 2014
- Trainer Training Royal Colleague of Ophthalmologist, RC Opth -Kolegium Oftalmologi Indonesia, Bandung, 2017
- Member of Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association
- Dundee – Makassar Vision 2020 LINK (ICEH / WHO initiative)
- Member of Asian Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (ASNOS)
- Member of Indonesian Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (INANOS)
Publications and Research
- Effect of endothelin-1 on Blood Pressure and Retinal Vessel caliber after Cold Pressor Test
- Aberrant Regeneration of the third cranial nerve palsy: A case report
- Methylprednisolone Combined with Hemodialysis in Early Phase Alcohol Intoxication: A case report
- See-Saw Nystagmus in Chiary Malformation Type 1: A case report
- Wall-eyed Bilateral Ophthalmoplegia in Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infected Patient: A case report
- Central Retinal Artery Occlusion in Young Patient With Elevate Lipid Profile.
- Craniopharyngioma, Impact in Vision: A case report
- Crocodile Tears (Congenital Aberrant Tearing): A case report
- Uretz-Zavalia Syndrome Following Uneventful Cataract Surgery: A case report
- Abducens Nerve Palsy as Presenting Sign of Metastatic Carcinoma: A case report
- Pituitary Macroadenoma Treats with Cabergoline; The role of Neuro-ophthalmic Examination in Diagnosis and Follow Up: A case report
- The relationship between Serum Selenium Content Between Grave’s Disease and Grave’s Ophthalmopathy.
- Bilateral abducens nerve palsy with papilledema following electrical injury: A case report
- Internuclear Ophthalmoplegia with Ipsilateral Abduction Deficit: Half and Half Syndrome: A case report
- A Review of Traumatic Optic Neuropathy Patients at Wahidin Sudirohusodo Hospital, Makassar