Dr. Muhammad Irfan, MKes, SpM
- Contact Lens
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- JEC-Orbita @ Makassar
Dr. Muhammad Irfan K, M.Kes, SpM is one of the ophthalmologists at the JEC-ORBITA clinic in Makassar. He completed his education as a general practitioner and ophthalmologist at the Faculty of Medicine, Hasanuddin University. He also obtained a master’s in public health (Hospital Administration) degree from the Faculty of Public Health, Hasanuddin University.
Dr. Muhammad Irfan K, M.Kes, SpM has an interest in refraction and contact lenses, community ophthalmology, research, and also telemedicine. His interest in refraction and contact lenses led him to undergo Contact Lens observer ship activities at the Jakarta Eye Center (JEC). He also had the opportunity to deepen the science of refraction at Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, Scotland. In addition, his interest in research began when he was studying as a research student at Hiroshima University, Japan for 3 months. He finally succeeded in publishing several studies in international indexed journals. One of his studies that were presented at the annual scientific meeting (PIT) of the Indonesian ophthalmologist association (PERDAMI) in 2019, managed to get first place in the resident free paper category.
Dr. Muhammad Irfan K, M.Kes, SpM is also active in several organizations. Currently, he is a member of the Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association (PERDAMI) and also an organizing committee of the South Sulawesi Regional Branch of PERDAMI. In addition, he is a member of the Indonesian Refraction and Visual Optimization Society (INARVOS) and the Asia Pacific Tele-ophthalmology Society (APTOS). He is also an active member of the Makassar Branch of Indonesian Eye Bank.
Dr. Muhammad Irfan K, M.Kes, SpM is also active in presenting research and also speaks at eye health meetings. He actively shares knowledge related to refraction with general practitioners and ophthalmologists. Not only that, he also often educates both public and health workers about common eye health problems.
- General Practitioner : Faculty of Medicine Hasanuddin University
- Ophthalmologist : Faculty of Medicine, Hasanuddin University
- Public Health Magister (Hospital Administration) : Faculty of Public Health, Hasanuddin University
- Member of Indonesian Medical Association (IMA) - IDI
- Member of Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association (IOA) - PERDAMI
- Organization Committee of Indonesian Eye Bank, Makassar
- Member of Indonesian Refraction and Visual Optimization Society (INARVOS)
- Member of International Association of Contact Lens Educator (IACLE)
- Member of Asia-Pacific Tele-ophthalmology Society (APTOS)
- 1st winner of Ophthalmologist Residents Free Paper, Annual Scientific Meeting of Indonesia Ophthalmology Association 2019
- 4th Winner of Ophthalmologist Free Paper, Perdami Virtual Scientific Meeting 2020
Publications and Research
- Ocular hypotensive effects of a Rho-associated protein kinase inhibitor in rabbits. Kamaruddin MI, Nakamura-Shibasaki M, Mizuno Y, Kiuchi Y. Clin Ophthalmol. 2017
- The effect of nutrients on age-related macular degeneration. Masuda S, Kaneoka S, Sasaki M, Kiuchi Y, Yanagi M, Faisal AA, Kamaruddin MI, Nagao A, Yoneda M, Itakura K. IOVS. 2017
- Successful recovery from misdirection syndrome in nanophthalmic eyes by performing an anterior vitrectomy through the anterior chamber. Faisal AA, Kamaruddin MI, Toda R, Kiuchi Y. Int Ophthalmol. 2019
- Associations between retinal vascular caliber and nutrient intake in Japanese-Americans. Ibrahim DG, Kiuchi Y, Yanagi M, Kawano R, Nagao A, Kamaruddin MI. IOVS. 2019
- Orbital Cellulitis Clinically Mimicking Rhabdomyosarcoma. Amir SP, Kamaruddin MI, Akib MNR, Sirajuddin J. Clin Ophthalmol. 2019
- Vitreous and Serum Concentrations of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor and Platelet-Derived Growth Factor in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Muhiddin HS, Kamaruddin MI, Ichsan AM, Budu. Clin Ophthalmol. 2020