DR. Dr. Vidyapati Mangunkusumo, SpM(K)
- Contact Lens
- SMILE PRO
- JEC @ Menteng
- JEC @ Kedoya
- JEC Primasana @ Tj. Priok
Vidyapati Mangunksumo, MD graduated as an Ophthalmologist in 1976 at the Medical School of University of Indonesia, Jakarta and afterwards worked at the Institution as teaching staff majoring Refraction Contact Lens and Anterior Segment Surgery. Had the opportunity to perform cataract surgery since 1975 with various techniques such as Intra-capsular Cataract Extraction, Extra-capsular Cataract Surgery with Lens Implant and Phacoemulsification.
Joined Jakarta Eye Center since 1993 as consultant for Cataract and Refractive surgery, and initiated use of the Capsular Bag Tension Ring (CTR) for Cataract cases with Axial Lengths Exceeding 27.0 mm which showed many benefits regarding their refractive outcomes after long-term follow up.
Further dr. Vidyapati initiated the use of CTR on selected complicated cataract cases which resulted in more stable vision and control of intra-ocular pressure.
As one of the co-founders of the INACRS introduced the use of Phaco-emulsification in Mass Cataract Surgery throughout Indonesia which resulted in shorter follow up time and control of complications in outreach services. As a result Jakarta Eye Center had to open the first fellowship programs to train young Ophthalmologist to do Phaco-emulsification for Cataract Surgery. Dr. Vidyapati settled a team to initiate the utilization of Centralized Air Handling System, which was adapted as standard equipment.
Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia
Corneal Transplantation, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Member of Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association [IOA] – PERDAMI
- Member of Indonesian Medical Association [IMA] – IDI
- Member of Contact Lens Association of Ophthalmologist, USA
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [ASCRS]
- Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [ESCRS]
- Member of Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon [APACRS]
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia