Dr. Darwan M. Purba, SpM(K)
SpecialitiesReLEx SMILE Medical Retina LASIK Cataract
ReLEx SMILE, Medical Retina, LASIK, Cataract
Dr. Darwan M. Purba completed his fellowship in the Management of Vitreoretinal Diseases at the Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, USA and attended Phacoemulsification Course with Dr. Charles Kelman, New York, USA. He is also one of the pioneers in modern Vitreoretina Surgery and Phacoemulsification in Indonesia.
Dr. Purba is a co-founder of Jakarta Eye Center in 1984, he is the Past President Director of JEC and currently served as the Chairman of the Board of Commissioner, JEC Corporate (PT. Nitrasanata Dharma), a holding company operating 7 Eye Care Facilities in Jakarta:
- JEC Eye Hospital @ Menteng
- JEC Eye Hospital @ Kedoya
- JEC Primasana @ Tanjung Priok
- JEC Eye Clinic @ Cibubur
- JEC Eye Clinic @ Tambora
- JEC Eye Clinic @ Cinere
- JEC Eye Clinic @ Bekasi
He is a co-founder of the ASEAN Association of Eye Hospitals (AAEH) in 2004, while he was also served as AAEH President of 2011 – 2013.
His interest is in Hospital Management and his clinical work presently is focused on Bladeless Laser Cataract Surgery, Phacoemulsification, LASIK, ReLEx® SMILE and Medical Retina.
Along with his years of experiences as an ophthalmologist, Dr. Purba has also presented many scientific presentations nationally and internationally. His advanced and varied experiences have led him to achieve some prestigious acknowledgements.
- Medical Doctor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sumatra Utara
- Ophthalmologist, Faculty of Medicine, University of Indonesia
Management of Diseases of Retina and Vitreous, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, USA
Hospital Management Course, Faculty of Economics, University of Indonesia
- Member of Indonesian Medical Association [IMA] – IDI
- Member of Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association [IOA] – PERDAMI
- Member of Indonesian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [INASCRS]
- Member of Indonesian Society for Laser Medicine [IKLASI], Co-Founder
- Member of Asia - Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeon [APACRS]
- Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology [AAO]
- Member of American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [ASCRS]
- Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery [ESCRS]
- Indonesian Ophthalmologist Association Award (2003)
- Distinguished Service Award of the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology (2009)
- Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award as an Outstanding Entrepreneur of 2009
09:30 - 11:45
09:30 - 11:00
09:30 - 12:00
09:30 - 12:00
Want to know more information about JEC?
Be the first to know about JEC by subscribe to our newsletter.